Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Running analyzer for the excutable file openning a file

AlphaF20
New Contributor I

I want to use the Intel Inspector to check a binary file generated by ifort. The binary file `sample_binary` works as

`sample_binary a.txt`

which reads an input file.

I can set `sample_binary` as the `Application`. If I choose `a.txt` as the Application parameter, it does not work as `sample_binary a.txt`. Then, how to set it properly?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

We tried replicating your issue from our side on a Ubuntu 20.04 machine using a sample code that accepts an input parameter (See screenshot: Code.png). Intel Inspector successfully analyzed the binary executable (See screenshot: Analysis.png). We think that you are getting this error since you have not given proper execute permission for the binary executable file before loading it into Intel Inspector.

If you are using Intel Fortran Compiler (iFort) for Linux to compile the Fortran code, a binary executable file is generated after compilation. Make sure you have provided execute permission for the binary executable file before loading it into Intel Inspector. You can do this by running the following command (See screenshot: Details.png):

$ chmod +x <binary_executable_filename>

Eg.: $ chmod +x sample_binary

Next, open Intel Inspector for Linux, browse and select the binary executable file as the application (in your case, sample_binary) and enter the input parameters in the application parameter space (in your case, a.txt) inside the project properties dialog box (See screenshot: Details.png).

Hope this helps.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with a similar issue.

If you are still facing any issues, kindly share a reproducer code along with the exact steps that you followed so that we could understand the issue better.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
AlphaF20
New Contributor I

Thank you so much. I found in the file in the 'Application parameters' need to be in the same directory as the binary file. Then it works in the Linux system in the computer center. Anyway, there is some approach works.

For my local PC, I
1) scp `a.out`, from remote to local.
2) Run `./intel/oneapi/inspector/2022.0.0/bin64/inspxe-gui`
3) File->New->Project
4) Application->a.out
5) Ok. Green arrow->start. I got screen.png

Analysis started...
Result file: /home/.../intel/inspxe/projects/hello-5/r000mi2/r000mi2.inspxe
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Application exit code: 255
Result file: /home/.../intel/inspxe/projects/hello-5/r000mi2/r000mi2.inspxe
Analysis terminated

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not heard back from you. We hope that your issue is resolved.

If yes, do let us know so that we can stop monitoring this thread. If not, kindly get back to us.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved.

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos