Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)

Segmentation Fault in FGA

zeronsix
Beginner

Hi!

I'm using the fgt_run.sh script to generate profiling traces of my oneTBB application for Flow Graph Analyzer. The script successfully generates *.graphml and *.traceml files.

However, I get segmentation fault when I try to open my_application.graphml with FGA.

/run_fga.sh: line 24: 4167772 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${DIR}/fga &> /dev/null

I use FGA version 2020 1.1.17998 and oneTBB 2021.2.0.

Please find the archive with the collected traces attached.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We are checking on this. Meanwhile could you share a sample reproducer and your OS details?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

zeronsix
Beginner

I run the application inside nvidia/cuda:11.3.1-cudnn8-devel-ubuntu20.04 Docker container, meanwhile FGT is installed inside the container from intel-oneapi-advisor package from https://apt.repos.intel.com/oneapi repository. oneTBB is built from the source code as a CMake target along with the project itself.

Unfortunately, it is hard to share a sample reproducer without unveiling the key proprietary technologies and approval in our legal department could take ages.

zeronsix
Beginner

I've managed to find the source of the problem. The flow graph was wrapped with a composite node. The output node of the graph is a tbb::flow::function_node<Result, tbb::flow::continue_msg, tbb::flow::queueing>, so the composite node had tbb::flow::composite_node<std::tuple<Input>, std::tuple<tbb::flow::continue_msg>> type. When I moved the output node outside of the composite node, FGA stopped crashing.

JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thanks for sharing the solution with us. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran