Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

Severe (157): Program Exception - access violation

jirina
New Contributor I

When I try to run any of the 3 analyses available in Inspector I get the error "Severe (157): Program Exception - access violation" and the line with the call of "omp_get_num_procs" is listed in the console output:

use omp_lib
integer*4 procs
procs = omp_get_num_procs ( )

I double checked that I use following settings in my project: /debug:full, /Od, /check:none, /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs (Debug Multithread DLLs), /Qopenmp.

The complete compiler settings are: /nologo /debug:full /MP /Od /fixed /extend_source:132 /Qopenmp /fpscomp:general /Qdiag-disable:8290,8291 /debug-parameters:all /warn:declarations /warn:truncated_source /warn:noalignments /warn:interfaces /assume:byterecl /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\" /Fd"x64\Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:none /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs /c

The (almost) complete linker settings are: /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /DEBUG /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /STACK:100000000

Running the (console) application in the debug mode and in the release mode works well and the "omp_get_num_procs" function return the expected and correct number of processors.

I am using Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition, Inspector XE 2015 Update 1 and Visual Studio 2010 Professional SP1 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Is there anything I could try to make Inspector work as this was no problem with 2013 versions of Intel software?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Jiri,

Just a quick note to let you know that your issue is being investigated and a summary of findings will be posted here later. Thanks for your patience in the meanwhile.

0 Kudos