Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Show All Columns

jansson
Beginner
Hi,
Is there a setting to get Amplifier to do a "right click->Show All Columns" each time a source file is opened or reopened?
This would be very welcome addition if it do not exist already. Now I have to do this manually and its becoming a bit boring.

I use Fortran, Composer , Amplifier and Inspector inside VS2010 under Win 7 x64.

Best Regards,
Magnus
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Hi Magnus,

Did you meanwhen you want to do a "right click->Show All Columns" on a source line (Source View) to display "Idle/Poor/Ok/Ideal/Over"value of CPU time automatically?

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
jansson
Beginner
Hi Peter,

I run a "Hotspots" profiling of my program, then press "bottom-up" and double click the function using most CPU time.

What I see is a fine narrow "Line" column, a very narrow column showing the source for the function, a nicely sized column showing the CPU time as % + bar, but right of this there is some wide unused space, and finally I see the part showing the call stack.

When I right click on any table head, lets say "source", select "Show All Columns" in the menu, the CPU column moves to the right hand side and reveals all the nice source code.
In my case only three columns are shown Line, source and CPU time.

What I find possible to improve is the visible unused space while there is a column with more info to make wider. Manualy doing "Show All Columns" seems to achieve this for me, but this manual part is tedious in the long run.

Best Regards,
Magnus
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your detail explanations!

I think that this is valuable report, I will escalate this problem to our engineering team to improve this.

Thanks again.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I believe that this problem has been fixed in latest product, Update 2.

Please download it and have a try. Thanks!
0 Kudos
jansson
Beginner
Hi,
Yes, Update 2 fix this problem.
Thanks for informing me.
Regards,
Magnus
0 Kudos