Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Student Edition

Ronald_G_2
Beginner

A colleague teaches a parallel programming course at the University of New Mexico.  He'd like to introduce his spring semester class to Roofline.

Is the Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition, Student Edition the latest version ( 2017 Update 1 at this time)?  Does it have the Roofline capability, assuming one adds env var 

ADVIXE_EXPERIMENTAL=roofline

Will Update 2 remove the need for the ADVIXE_EXPERIMENTAL env var?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Student edition is a license type, not a version. As stated in the FAQ "At the current time, the student products have the same features as the commercial product." So yes, since you can get a student license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2017 Update 1, you can get access to Intel® Advisor 2017 Update 1, which includes roofline (with the environment variable).

These links may be of interest to you:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/student-faq

0 Kudos
KashifMehmood
Novice

I am a doctoral student. I am using Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows for Fortran programming, but my student license expired on December 3, 2020. My product serial number is VSGK-358V2TPF.Now my questions is, how to extend the Intel parallel studio cluster edition 2020 license for free?

0 Kudos
osama__mohamed
Beginner

Dear Sir, 

i have requested free student Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows twice. however, i didn't receive the download link 

could you please sent me download link for student license

Thanks in advance 

Mohamed Osama

0 Kudos
M_Pradeep__Rhea
Beginner

Hi,

I am new to work with intel Openvino toolkit, My need is to optimize the model that was designed and created in Keras to open vino tool kit. Data set consists of floating values of amplitudes i.e; one-dimensional dataset in shape (30,).  Is it possible to optimize a Keras model (model_name.h5) done on a time series data (not image dataset) to open vino TensorFlow framework?.

0 Kudos