Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5014 Discussions

TCheck 3.1 quit on its own before completion of testing code

Salvatore_Li_Mandri
I have a large application to test on a Dual Quad Xeon running XP Professional (Target machine to ship) due to some weird issue has surfaced

I have not used TCheck in a while and I must admit I must have forgot something...

For start I created a new project and assign ZERO as time limit for the run (I believe this it is all I got to say to tell to terminate on command) and specified any specialized command for the execution

Next, I selected intothe Instrumentation tab the Cut-off Component module and since the application is so large I selected to instrument a selected number of functions

When I start the project execution is runs for about 10-20 Seconds and quit before it had a chanche to completely initialize without collecting and display any diagnostics - The little panel had no diagnostics available yet
It acts like it had to abort for something...

What am I missing ?
What are the signs the TCHECK aborted execution if did not had enought memory to work with ?

Thank you
Sal
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I have a large application to test on a Dual Quad Xeon running XP Professional (Target machine to ship) due to some weird issue has surfaced

I have not used TCheck in a while and I must admit I must have forgot something...

For start I created a new project and assign ZERO as time limit for the run (I believe this it is all I got to say to tell to terminate on command) and specified any specialized command for the execution

Next, I selected intothe Instrumentation tab the Cut-off Component module and since the application is so large I selected to instrument a selected number of functions

When I start the project execution is runs for about 10-20 Seconds and quit before it had a chanche to completely initialize without collecting and display any diagnostics - The little panel had no diagnostics available yet
It acts like it had to abort for something...

What am I missing ?
What are the signs the TCHECK aborted execution if did not had enought memory to work with ?

Thank you
Sal

Hi Sal,

For reducing memory consumption of Intel Thread Checker, please read my old post - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/use-limited-the-size-of-heap-to-run-intel-thread-checker-with-application/

Hope it helps.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos