Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Tuning assistant

deepavs
Beginner
I am using VTune PA 7.2 evaluation. I run my application and go to sampling results. Here i got my hotspot in source code and make it as 'mixed by execution'. As shown in attachment, the hotspot is for memcpy. When i took the tuning assistant, it not showing any tips, only workload insights and system info are displayed. But for the traning tutorial (VTuneTraininggs_vtuneindex.htm ), it showing correct tips for source code.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi deepavs!
It looks like you started the Tuning Assistant at the first view opened by the analyzer, which lists all modules loaded into the system. Therefore, it did not key in on your application. Instead, select the Process button (or change the default view in the Options -> Sampling page) to list all processes running during the data collection. Next, select your application from the list and press the Module button. Now, press the F8 key to run the Tuning Assistant on your application. You should see Hotspot Insights in the Tuning Assistant window after it generates its report.
Regards,
0 Kudos
deepavs
Beginner

Hi,

I am getting the hot spot insights and i have taken my module itself navigating from process->thread->module. But i want the tuning assistance for my assembly code. ie when i select 'mixed by execution', i got the hotspot at assembly code. When i select tuning assistance for this code, i am not getting any help. But for the tutorial, its showing tuning assistance as shown in the attachment. The location is Findinh and analyzing bottleneck->source view->analyzing hotspot in your source code->Get tuning advice. In that its showing what all bits operations doing for the single line of code. I am asking for this advice for my 'memcpy' operation.:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos