Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Unable to Start any VTune XE analysis except Lightweight Hotspot

David_Coggin
Beginner
I have used the older VTune in the past and just upgraded to Windows 7,Visual Studio 2010, and VTune Amplifier XE on a new laptop. I have set up to load symbols as is described in the tutorial, and I have set up the Zi option for Release debug as well as the Linker option /DEBUG also. However whenever I try to start an analysis, as the project begins to run (cmd window opens) I get a message box with: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)." The only type of analysis that will run is a Lightweight Hotspot. It seems to run just fine with good output. I am running as an Administrator. Any help is appreciated.

David
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Please run cmd.exeby right-clicking with "run as administrator" to open command prompt window.

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2011, and run
>amplxe-vars.bat

First at all, ensure that you can run application without VTune Amplifier XE, then run
amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -- your application. For example,(please build example codefirst)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2011>amplxe-cl -collect hotspots
-- .\samples\vc8\find_hotspots_Win32_Debug\find_hotspots.exe .\samples\dat\ball
s.dat
Using result path `C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2011\r002hs'
Executing actions 74 % Generating a report

Summary
-------

Elapsed Time: 106.328
CPU Time: 92.656
Executing actions 99 % done

Is this problem for specific application?

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos