Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Upgrade for Thread Profiler support

skelband
Beginner
Hi,
I have a current license for Thread Profiler 3.1 but I understand that it is now incorporated into VTune and not available as a separate file.
The information here: "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/buy-or-renew/" suggests that if I renew support for VTune for $280, I can get a license file to run VTune Analyzer as well as Thread Profiler.

"Existing Intel Thread Profiler customers can purchase a support renewal for VTune analyzer and receive access to all VTune analyzer and Intel Thread Profiler features"

The situation and wording is very confusing.
Is this correct?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
VTune for Windows provides thread profiler for both Windows and linux, according to what I've seen downloading new versions of both Windows and linux VTune. The change apparently was revealed first by the absence of a separate evaluation version of thread profiler, not by any announcement. So, you've done well to discover that explanation.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - skelband
Hi,
I have a current license for Thread Profiler 3.1 but I understand that it is now incorporated into VTune and not available as a separate file.
The information here: "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/buy-or-renew/" suggests that if I renew support for VTune for $280, I can get a license file to run VTune Analyzer as well as Thread Profiler.

"Existing Intel Thread Profiler customers can purchase a support renewal for VTune analyzer and receive access to all VTune analyzer and Intel Thread Profiler features"

The situation and wording is very confusing.
Is this correct?

Your understanding is correct. Because you originally purchased the Intel Thread Profilier, and it is no longer available separately, you can purchase a renewal for the VTune analyzer at the discounted price. Normally, you would not be eligible to purchase a "renewal" for the VTune analyzer, since you did not purchase it, in the first place. This is a special offer because of the change in offering of the Thread Profiler.

0 Kudos