Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Vtune Uninstall : Linux not booting.

techtalk
Beginner
After few hours of my installing VTUNE, my linux box started complaining about "no free space" eventhough I have lot of free space. I tried to get rid of the error by rebooting my machine and it wont boot. It will boot part of the kernel and at the point where it is about to show the beautiful login screen, it would hang with a black screen.

I went into the interactive mode and it was complaining about "user invalid sag:sag". So I booted up in the safe interactive mode and uninstalled VTUNE. Now when I try to boot up in interactive mode it asks me questions such as

Please enter the release version number [711|721|731] or ENTER:

Please enter dcom internal verison number
Snapshot : s20020101, Beta: b721, Release: v721 (default:v721):

Please enter the dcom directory name (default:/opt/sag):

I dont know what are all these question and my linux box would still not boot. Please help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
techtalk
Beginner
Quoting - techtalk
After few hours of my installing VTUNE, my linux box started complaining about "no free space" eventhough I have lot of free space. I tried to get rid of the error by rebooting my machine and it wont boot. It will boot part of the kernel and at the point where it is about to show the beautiful login screen, it would hang with a black screen.

I went into the interactive mode and it was complaining about "user invalid sag:sag". So I booted up in the safe interactive mode and uninstalled VTUNE. Now when I try to boot up in interactive mode it asks me questions such as

I dont know what are all these question and my linux box would still not boot. Please help.

Btw, I still get that print during system boot up which says

chown: invalid user : 'sag:sag'
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - techtalk

Which "Linux" did you install it on (distro and version)? Did you install as 'root'?

The messages indicate a failed installation of the DCOM layer used by the VTune analyzer, which installs a boot script that starts the DCOM layer. Locate the boot script that includes 'ntd' in the name in the rc5.d directory and rename it, e.g., off_S28ntd. Then try to reboot. Upon successful boot, uninstall the VTune analyzer, reboot, and, if desired, attempt to re-install it.

0 Kudos