Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune 2019 Update 4 with VS2017 integration - Cannot load data file (Data is corrupted)

VerlorenMind
Beginner

When I'm trying to use VTune, the profiler closes the program prematurely, and when trying to finalize data, produces the error: "Cannot load data file `C:\Users\user\VTuneResults\r001hs\data.0\9360-9544.0.trace' (Data file is corrupted)". The file in question, "<numbers>.0.trace", is always empty. Changing the folder for results does nothing.

I'm using:

Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.900

VTune 2019 Update 4
Product build: 597835

For developing I'm using Visual Studio Enterprise 2017  v15.9.24, both VTune integrated with VS and the standalone version are affected.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

we are trying to create the environment with the specified VTune and Visual Studio. 

For further clarification, please provide the following details :

1)Can you share the application that you are executing and related details.

2)If you are collecting the result within Visual Studio,

does the application build works fine with standalone version of vtune and what kind of analysis are you trying out ? 

3)Are you getting the same error for sample matrix application also ?

we will get back to you with our observations soon.

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
VerlorenMind
Beginner

I can't pinpoint the exact action that made everything work, but somehow, the problem went away.

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Thanks for the update. We are closing the case since the issue got resolved. Please feel free to raise a new thread in case of further queries/issues. 

0 Kudos