Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune 7.0 in WinXP causes system to reboot!

brucelei
Beginner
Hello everybody, I met a problem VTune 7.0 sometimes causes system to reboot, but sometimes it doesn't. Why?
My email is dongbi_lei@yahoo.com, thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This is a sign that you should run Windows Disk Error-checking and defragment right away, then possibly upgrade your Vtune installation. I have given up myself on attempting to run Vtune under XP on a system old enough to run Win2K. The lower performance of 2K is made up for by the more stable operation, unless you have a specific requirement for a certain Windows version.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Bruce:
You should submit an issue at Intel Premier Support so that the technical support team can help troubleshoot this problem.
0 Kudos
brucelei
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. I have run the Windows Disk Error-checking and defragment, and also I reinstalled the VTune 7.0, but it's no use. The only change is the breakdown of the programme I'm analyzinginstead of the reboot ofmy system.
0 Kudos
dneufeld
Beginner
I'm also having this problem using
VTune Performance Analyzer 7.1A
Build:15286
on a Dell Dimension 8200 w/ XP SP1
It seems to be prevented by turning off the automatic calibration runs. If I don't do that I'll get a BSOD about 1 out of every 3 runs.
Don't even get me started on how often VTune crashes when I try to drill down into source code...
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
This does not mean that you have problem releated to V-Tune.It means that the rebooting problem is because of some other conflict which could be software releated like some driver problem.It could may be a hardware releated problem too.
So first check your system that everything is properly or ok in your system.Update your drivers or reinstall all the drivers.
Sumnesh Sharma
Jaipur
0 Kudos