Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune 9.0 output Error: Invalid Path(4)

kalven
Beginner

I'm evaluating VTune9.0 now. With Qucick Performance Analysis Wizard, I want to Collect Sampling data. I selected my exe file in Application To Launch, with default selection of "Collect Sampling data", I clicked Go.

The following were informations in output window:

Setting Samping Cpu mask to 0

The processor PMU configuration file: psc.xml

Collection for the following event(s) is being ferformed

clockticks

Error: Invalid path(4)

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel

By default VTune saves project data on the path like that:

":Documents and SettingsApplication DataVTuneProjects"

Check if this path contains some localized symbols, e.g. in the

Also try the Sampling wizard instead QPA and see if it doesn't work better.

0 Kudos
kalven
Beginner

My default project path is C:Documents and Settings�4044Application DataVTune. There is no Projects directory, I created it myself. There isnot any localized symbols. Perhaps there is something wrong with QPA, but your document suggested using QPA for a fast see.

For Samplint wizard, I tried. I didnt know what's wrong. When I created new project, it default create a directory F:VTune, just behind VTune, there were some chinese words. As you said, the problem must be these localized chinese words. So I recreated a new directory vtune, it's OK.

Thanks all the same.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Ok. It looks like you faced with both problems: QPA and localized symbols in the path (the second case). So, the general advice would be to not use QPA (since it could be buggy on some platforms) and to make sure that there are no localized symbols in paths.
0 Kudos
jluiselvira
Beginner

Hello

At this moment Im experiencing the same problem with Vtune, using Sampling Wizard or QPA, I always get :

(Run 1) Invalid path (4)

The Project directory is:, and there are the projects on it.

C:Documents and SettingsJos LuisDatos de programaVTuneProjects

So, I would like to know what can I do ?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
jluiselvira
Beginner

Hello again

I thing that I know the problem, localized symbols in user name, just like , right ???, but how can you change the default path for projects ???

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Yes, most likely it's because of this symbol. When creating new project just select other project location (e.g. C:my_tuning_projects) and VTune will keep this location for further reference.
0 Kudos
jluiselvira
Beginner

Thank you very much, I have changed the with e, and automatically created the new path"C:Documents and SettingsJose LuisDatos de programaVTuneProjects", so it is solved!!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel

You are welcome! :)

Take care.

0 Kudos