Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune GUI questions - 'remote machine is invalid' error

postaquestion
Beginner

I am trying to use the vTune GUI on windows and the vtserver on linux. I'm a new user evaluating Vtune.

When I try to connect, the windows side tells me:
The remote machine is invalid or cannot be accessed. Please enter a valid/accessible machine name or press Cancel to exit

and the linux side tells me

vtlistenerd: 05/05/08 15:24:30 Incoming connection request: Session Id: , User_Id: jlarsen, Client IP: 10.10.2.16 Arch: , Version: vt 9.0, protocol version 0.0
vtlistenerd: 05/05/08 15:24:32
vtlistenerd: 05/05/08 15:24:32 Authentification failed
: No child processes
vtlistenerd: 05/05/08 15:24:32

I assume the problem is related to the user_Id. Is there a tutorial of how to set this up? or is there some way to fix the user ID problem? help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but did you provide the username and password of the linux machine when you entered remote machine name on the Windows side? The format is username:password@hostname.

I've also experienced connection problems, when I was trying to use a wrongremote data collector. I therefore recommend using the exact rdc that comes with the Windows version of VTune that you are using.

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Kudos