Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

VTune Mac - unable to add Application

Venkata_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm Venkata. I work for Intel Corporation in the AI group. This is my first time using VTune. I'm having trouble initializing the project and also with the error message at the top that says `Amplifier cannot detect remote machine configuration`. I've attached a screenshot of the current screen, it does not provide me with an option to upload any files for the `Application` field. I cannot move forward to choose any analysis type without the Application specified. Any help here would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkata Yerneni

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kirill_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Venkata.

Did you try to profile Mac (OSX system)? or did you try to collect data remotely?

Local Mac collection is available in nda internal package and I think you need to ask VTune team directly to get it.

Thanks, Kirill

0 Kudos
PAVEL_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Venkata.

I see the problem in the target you have specified. There is something like this  vpyernen@localhost[:9000].
​Port doesn't need to be in square brackets. It's a common approach to show some not mandatary arguments in square brackets. So the correct target is vpyernen@localhost:9000

Thanks, Pavel

0 Kudos
Venkata_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Kirill, 

Thanks for the input, this is my first time using VTune and I was stuck right at the first step of setting up the Analysis Type and Analysis Target. Yes, I will reach out to the VTune team directly for local data collection. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,
Venkata

0 Kudos
Venkata_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Pavel, 

I might have attached the screenshot with [9000] in the target host, but I changed that to just say :9000 and also tried removing port number since it was an optional parameter, that didn't work for me either. It still shows the message "Amplifier cannot detect remote machine configuration". Thanks for pointing that out though.

Thanks,
Venkata

0 Kudos