Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

VTune doesn't execute .NET application

Ilya_Albrekht
Novice
Hello VTune team,

I've just downloaded Intel VTune Performance Analyzer 9.0 Build:719 evaluation and installed it on my laptop with Vista 32 SP1.

First of all, I've tried .NET example (from VTune folder). It works well and shows all required information. Then I compiled this example with VS 2008. But VTune fails to run application, it shows just blank console window and close it in 20sec or so. Also I tried to compile with .NET 2.0 and 3.0 and received the same issue.

TIA,
Albrekht Ilya
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel

Hi Ilya,

This is very alike to the situation when the VTune project has been created with the option of stop collection after duration of 20 seconds (default value). In this case the data could not be collected because the application has been killed by VTune launcher before it got completed. Please, check the activity properties and make sure that duration is set to 0, which means that the collection stops when the application exits itself.
0 Kudos
swatisachin
Beginner

Hi Ilya,

I read your forum. It seems to be you are user of V tune Performance analyser.

I want information about vtune. I want to know how to use it? How to analyse the result? V tune is completely new to me.

Do you know any site which give complete information about vtune, how to use it? and about the result.

please send the information on my email id

deshpandeswatis@gmail.com

Thanks

Regards

swati

0 Kudos