Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5063 Discussions

VTune error: This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture.

-Light-
Novice

Hi, all.

When I launch VTune for Fortran project, see error:

This analysis type is not applicable to the system because VTune Profiler cannot recognize the processor. If this is a new Intel processor, please check for an updated version of VTune Profiler. If this is an unreleased Intel processor, please contact Online Service Center for an NDA product package.

This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture

CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H 16G RAM
VTune Profiler 2024.1

I saw the same issue mentioned in a related thread, but that was for the i7-2600K. I'm using the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor and the latest version of VTune 2024.1. Why am I still experiencing this problem?
What can be done to fix this?
Thanks in advance
30 Replies
smithjohns
Novice

It seems like the issue you're encountering with VTune Profiler is related to it not recognizing the microarchitecture of your processor, the Intel Core i7-12700H. Despite using the latest version of VTune Profiler (2024.1), it's still not recognizing the processor.

Given that you're using a relatively new processor, there could be a few reasons for this problem:

1. **Compatibility**: There might be an incompatibility issue between VTune Profiler version 2024.1 and the microarchitecture of your processor.

2. **Microarchitecture Support**: VTune Profiler might not have been updated to support the microarchitecture of the 12th Gen Intel Core processors, including the i7-12700H.

3. **Bug or Configuration Issue**: There could be a bug in the software or a configuration issue causing it to not recognize the processor correctly.

To address this problem, you can try the following steps:

1. **Check for Updates**: Even though you're using the latest version of VTune Profiler, it's possible that Intel has released a newer update or patch specifically addressing issues with the 12th Gen Intel Core processors. Check for any available updates or patches for VTune Profiler.

2. **Contact Support**: If you haven't already, consider reaching out to Intel's support team or the Online Service Center mentioned in the error message. They may have additional insights or provide you with a solution, especially if the issue is related to a new or unreleased processor.

3. **Alternative Tools**: If you need to perform performance analysis on your Fortran project urgently and cannot resolve the issue with VTune Profiler, consider exploring alternative performance analysis tools that support your processor architecture.

4. **Documentation and Forums**: Search through Intel's documentation, forums, and community boards to see if other users have encountered similar issues and if any workarounds or solutions have been suggested.

5. **Configuration Check**: Ensure that your VTune Profiler installation is properly configured and that there are no conflicting settings or issues with your system setup that could be causing the problem.

By following these steps and potentially consulting with Intel's support resources, you should be able to diagnose and hopefully resolve the issue with VTune Profiler not recognizing the microarchitecture of your Intel Core i7-12700H processor.

0 Kudos
Ionburn
Beginner

I'm also experiencing what seems to be the same problem. I am also on Windows 10, 22H2. OS Build: 19045.4412

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

I'm unable to use vtune, but the sampling driver appears to be installed.

vtune-self-checker.bat log attached.

0 Kudos
Siyabonga122
Beginner

The issue may stem from VTune Profiler 2024.1 not fully supporting the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor. Ensure you have the latest VTune updates or patches installed. If the problem persists, contact Intel Support for assistance and check for any specific patches or updates for your CPU model.

0 Kudos
Learn1
Beginner
That’s fit for understanding
0 Kudos
maverickwhites
Beginner

It seems VTune Profiler hasn't updated its database to recognize the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor. Try reaching out to Intel's support or checking for software updates to resolve the compatibility issue.

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

Could you share some information on your system:

1. Please check what antivirus is active on your system. It will be available at "Windows Security"->"Virus & threat protection"

You should see something like this - not necessarily CrowdStrike

yuzhang3_intel_0-1718327004807.png

2. Please share the output of the following command as well on all the systems:   systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /B /C:"OS Version"

0 Kudos
-Light-
Novice

The output of  the command: asysteminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /B /C:"OS Version" and the value of AntivirusSignatureVersion  are null.

Light_1-1718331333624.png

Light_0-1718331267052.png

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

The root cause is found and the bug will be fixed in a future release. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Andrue01
Beginner

i Also using the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor and getting Same Issue

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

VTune 2024.2.1 will fix the issue.

0 Kudos