Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5014 Discussions

VTune profiler is unable to detect NPU

Ashima
Beginner

Hello,

While running benchmarking scripts with device as NPU on VTune Profiler, I am getting the following error : "Device with 'NPU' name is not registered in the OpenVino Environment".

I am able to detect and accelerate NPU on my system, but not in VTune Profiler.

OpenVino version: 2023.3.0

VTune Profiler version: 2024

Can you please let me know what appropriate steps should be taken to detect NPU in VTune Profiler?

Regards,

Ashima

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
yuzhang3_intel

If you only open VTune GUI on MTL, VTune can find the NPU device? 

yuzhang3_intel_0-1707303339407.png

(There is no MTL in my hand, so there is no NPU device found on the above picture.)

0 Kudos
Ashima
Beginner

Hello, 

I am not getting the error you mentioned :"No NPU Device" in NPU Exploration(SS attached), but when I execute the script in VTune Profiler by specifically mentioning the accelerator as "NPU" then I get following error in VTune Profiler : "Device with 'NPU' name is not registered in the OpenVino Environment". (Attaching SS of the error.)

I am unable to rectify this error. 

Thanks,

Ashima

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

Could you provide the script for reproducing in local? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ashima
Beginner

Hello,

I have attached the script that I am trying to execute on the VTune Profiler.

Regards,

Ashima

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

VTune supports NPU profiling from NPU exploration analysis. Are you running npu analysis or other analysis?

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

As we have not received response from the user, we shall stop monitoring this thread. Please log a new ticket if you face issues with oneapi components.

0 Kudos