Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Vtune-Sampling Wizard Error: can't create activity

cswodi
Beginner

I download Intel VTune Analyzer for Linux*(vtune91_008_lin.tar.gz) and install at fedora 9.

my computer cpu is Intel Core i7-930 processor .

I want tocreate the project through : File->new->project->Sampling Wizard->next->(Application to launch:/opt/intel/samples/vtunedemo/vtunedemo) and Finished.

and then a dialog box titled "Sampling Wizard Error" appears to me with the following message: "Can't create activity".

Please someone has an idea?

Thanks.

Someone tell me that I should update something , but i still don't konw something means .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You may check below things:
1. Have you seen any error message when installing the product? Or check /var/log/vtune_install.log

2. Ensure that vtune driver has been built and loaded in your system. "lsmod | grep vtune"

3. Use command line to know if sampling data collector is workable. "vtl activity -c sampling app /bin/ls run"

4. If everything is OK. Maybe your workspace is damaged or with write-permission issue, please change vtuneworkspace (when launching vtlec) to other directorywhere you have write-permission.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You may check below things:
1. Have you seen any error message when installing the product? Or check /var/log/vtune_install.log

2. Ensure that vtune driver has been built and loaded in your system. "lsmod | grep vtune"

3. Use command line to know if sampling data collector is workable. "vtl activity -c sampling app /bin/ls run"

4. If everything is OK. Maybe your workspace is damaged or with write-permission issue, please change vtuneworkspace (when launching vtlec) to other directorywhere you have write-permission.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
cswodi
Beginner

I check the install log and find the vtune driver build error.
Then i install the kernel-devel package and re-install the vtune.
Now everything is ok!
thanks.
0 Kudos