Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune assertion error

Garefalakis__Panagio

Hello there,

I am running vtune in a remote CentOS 7 host for a java application, any idea how to sort out this issue?

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:amplxe_samplingmrte_javaprof_1.0 -Dsun.boot.library.path=/tmp/vtune_profiler_2020.0.0.605165/lib32/runtime:/tmp/vtune_profiler_2020.0.0.605165/lib64/runtime
Assertion 'jvmti == g_jvmti' failed. Please contact the developers.
<forked VM failed with exit code 134>
<stdout last='20 lines'>
</stdout>
<stderr last='20 lines'>
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:amplxe_samplingmrte_javaprof_1.0 -Dsun.boot.library.path=/tmp/vtune_profiler_2020.0.0.605165/lib32/runtime:/tmp/vtune_profiler_2020.0.0.605165/lib64/runtime
Assertion 'jvmti == g_jvmti' failed. Please contact the developers.
</stderr>

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Garefalakis,

Thanks for reaching out to us !!

Kindly share the details of java application which you are trying to run in Vtune, also share the steps followed by you.

0 Kudos
Denis_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Garefalakis,

Are you using ForkJoinTasks in your Java app?

0 Kudos
Garefalakis__Panagio

Hello there,

I was using JMH to benchmark a particular part of my application -- unfortunately, JMH does not work with Vtune -- maybe because of its forking behaviour?
Vtune can profile my application perfectly fine without JMH involved and this is what I am doing now -- if there is an alternative to enable JMH I would be happy to discuss it.

0 Kudos
Denis_P_Intel
Employee

I need to try to reproduce the issue locally to answer your question. If you can provide a simple reproducer that it would helpful. 

0 Kudos
RashmiP_Intel

Hi Garefalakis,

For debugging your issue, can provide a sample reproducer?

Regards,

Rashmi

0 Kudos
RashmiP_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Regards,

Rashmi

0 Kudos
RashmiP_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks,

Rashmi

0 Kudos