Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4555 Discussions

Vtune in Fortran XE2020 update 4 using Visual Studio is not working with AMD Threadripper 3990X

rivkin__steve
Beginner

In my current project from within Visual Studio I clicked on "Open Vtune Profiler" and in Performance Snapshot I get two error messages stating that Vtune can not recognize the microprocessor. Does anyone in the Vtune development group have an AMD Threadripper 39nnX to test this on, with possibly a lot fewer cores if cost is an issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We would like to know the below details

1)Vtune version

2)Fortran XE 2020 update 4 edition

3)Visual Studio version

Regarding your last question,no hardware assisted analysis types will be supported on non-intel platforms and also we would like to bring in to your kind notice that we have a product Intel Parallel Studio XE developed by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

rivkin__steve
Beginner

I'm using the latest version of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Professional, Fortran, update 4, Windows 10, 64-bit, AMD 3990X. The Vtune version within this package is 2020 update 3.

MS Visual Studio Community 2019 v16.7.4

JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We could see that you are doing performance snapshot that involves hardware analysis,which is not supported for non -intel platforms..You may try doing other software analysis like hotspot analysis,threading analysis etc.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Did that help?Do you have any update?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We are assuming that the solution provided helped and would no longer be monitoring this issue. Please raise a new thread if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Janani Chandran