Right you are! Looks like somebody slipped up. This is a public preview, but it should have been documented. :-( We are working to fix that. In the meantime, here is the magic combination:
On the Itanium processorhost system:
1. Compile application with symbols and opt report (Intel C/C++ Compiler 9.0.026 or greater), e.g. (example is split over several lines for clarify):
icc -g -opt_report opt_report_file filename
2. Run the VTune analyzer Remote Agent, e.g.: /opt/intel/vtune/bin/vtserver
On the IA32 Linux* analysis system:
1. Enable VTune analyzer Reports, e.g.:
2. Start VTune analyzer 8.0 GUI, e.g.: /opt/intel/vtune/bin/vtlec
3. Configure GUI to remotely run and analyze Itanium application
4. Copy Binary, Source, and Optimization Reports to Local System
5. Locate Hotspot
6. Click Optimization Report button
7. Enter path to file in dialog box
Of course, we would welcome any feedback on this feature, but would prefer it if you could submit it at Intel Premier Support for tracking purposes.
Message Edited by DaveA on 10-19-2005 05:37 PM
Please, reopen Premier Support issue you've created a while ago regarding this problem. As far as I see, you were not quite active in answering the requests from the support engineer and he closed the issue. Once reopened, the problem will be investigated further.