Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

We are not able to get Average DRAM Bandwidth(GB/Sec) for ADL - P platform with NDA or 2022.2 ver

JyotiBaghel
Employee

We are not able to get Average DRAM Bandwidth(GB/Sec) for ADL - P platform with NDA or 2022.2 (released) version of VTune. Kindly help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We tried profiling matrix multiplication sample on VTune 2022.2.0 version with ADL-P as processor and Windows 10 as O.S. We were able to see the Average DRAM Bandwidth.

Following screenshots shows our observation:

VaradJ_Intel_0-1649249424186.png

VaradJ_Intel_1-1649249459029.png

Please can you answer the following questions:

1. Please can you share your O.S details?

2. Please can you try profiling matrix multiplication sample and check if this issue persist?

3. Can you please share a sample reproducer of your application which you are profiling?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
JyotiBaghel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

We do see Average Bandwidth Histogram in our Memory Access snapshot.

The issue is we are not able to see it in Performance snapshot.

Here is a snapshot of expected result which we are not getting -

JyotiBaghel_0-1649252483861.png

Going forward, Sharing the details asked -

1. OS Name -  Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise

2. I am not aware of matrix multiplication application. Could you please help me with the application.

3. reproducer - I did not get this either. Could you please help me here as well.

Please reach me in case of any further information required

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti Singh Baghel

0 Kudos
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

1. I am not aware of matrix multiplication application. Could you please help me with the application.

There are some sample applications that comes with Vtune one of them is matrix multiplication application. You can find it at the following location in windows: <vtune-installation-directory>\samples\en\C++\matrix

2. reproducer - I did not get this either. Could you please help me here as well.

Sample reproducer is a sample application which is similar to the application you are trying to profile.

We were able to reproduce the issue you were facing. So now you don't need to try out running the matrix multiplication application or send a sample reproducer.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We have informed the development team about it. 

Thank You.

0 Kudos
JyotiBaghel
Employee

Thank you so much.

If possible , May I know if there is any JIRA raised or who is working on the issue, So I can also track the issue.

I am basically interested to know the ETA for the resolution since my development team has reported it as a show stopper for their work.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti Singh Baghel

0 Kudos