Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

amplxe-cl cannot get context values

Leslie_C_
Beginner
Hi, I have tried running amplxe-cl on my freebsd(-based) system and it seems to have problem getting the context values. bash-3.2# bin64/amplxe-runss --context-value-list terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error' what(): basic_string::_S_construct null not valid Abort trap (core dumped) bash-3.2# bin64/amplxe-runss --version Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier 2016 Beta Update 1 for Systems (build 438551) Data Collector Copyright (C) 2009-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. I tried upgrading to the newer version but still have the problem: bash-3.2# bin64/amplxe-cl -collect advanced-hotspots amplxe: Error: %CanNotGetContextValues amplxe: Error: %CanNotGetContextValues bash-3.2# bin64/amplxe-runss --context-value-list terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error' what(): basic_string::_S_construct null not valid Abort trap (core dumped) bash-3.2# bin64/amplxe-runss --version Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier 2017 for Systems (build 480304) Data Collector Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Any idea?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Leslie_C_
Beginner
I think I have figured this out. amplxe-runss was trying to read something with sysctl and my (custom) freebsd doesn't populate that. Running amplxe-runss with ktrace uncovered the problem.
0 Kudos