Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

amplxe error while using Vtune on a multiThreaded application

Ayman_Supcom
Beginner

Hello I am trying to use Vtune to profile my application withe the command:

[amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -result-dir vtune_outputs/formula_100  application.exe]

and i faced  the errors : 

amplxe: Error: Assertion failed: tpss_completion:126: (queue_buffer_data != 0) : . Please contact the technical support.
amplxe: Error: Assertion failed: tpss_stack_data_type:131: (stack->data) : . Please contact the technical support. 

Note that i am applying multi-threading using threading building blocks Library and thanks to some Logs I found out that the fail is happening when the program is executing the multi threaded function.

Also I am not facing the error when I am not trying to lunch Vtune.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Can you please share the requested details below:

1. What is the version of Intel® Vtune?

2. Please share your OS (Windows 10,11 or Linux distribution) and processor details?

3. Please share the exact steps that you followed and a sample reproducer(sample application that is similar to the application you are trying to analyze)?

We tried threading building blocks library using the OneAPI sample(tbb-async-sycl sample code which was implemented using C++ and SYCL language for CPU and GPU) and it is running without any issues. Attaching the screenshot for reference.

JaideepK_Intel_1-1650867820365.png

JaideepK_Intel_0-1650867791713.png

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
Ayman_Supcom
Beginner

Hi @JaideepK_Intel  Thank you for your response .

I am using  CentOS Linux version 7, my machine is Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6256 CPU @ 3.60GHz and VTune version 2018, I built the application in debug mode . I tried to reproduce the error while using VTune and I had the attached error ,that doesn't occur while trying only to launch the application without VTune. I added an environment variable also To specify whether the execution of threads is sequential or parallel , and I noticed that the problem occurs only when I am using parallelization .

can you please give me any suggestion about any possible common mistake i could have done , or any modification on the command so that i can avoid the error .

Thank You .

Ayman.

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

As you mentioned, you are using Vtune 2018, can you use the updated version(Vtune 2022). Please note that CentOS 7 is not supported in the latest Vtune 2022 version. Please consider changing the OS and try with the latest Vtune version.

JaideepK_Intel_0-1652258589046.png

Work around: Try using docker (docker pull intel/oneapi-basekit) and profile application with remote ssh.

System requirements link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/vtune-profiler-system-requirements.html

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos