Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5007 Discussions

bsod when running the vtune profiler

Mc_Lovin
Novice

Hello I am getting a bsod when running the intel vtune profiler debug application: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

error code: 0x0000003b

parameter1: 00000000`c0000005

parameter2: fffff801`442ae82c

parameter3: ffffd88`dfd35f60

parameter4: 00000000`00000000

cause driver: ntoskrnl.exe

file version: 10.0.22621.2215 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

And that is not all.

I have updated all asus and intel drivers but nothing helps.

After a blue screen and a system reboot, the application works, but after I turn the computer on and off again, a blue screen appears again when the application starts.

Restoring windows with removing all programs and cleaning the disk also does not help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please share the following details:

1. Sample reproducer code.

2. VTune version.

3. Exact steps and the commands used.

4. OS, kernel and Processor details.

5. Self-checker logs.

The "vtune-self-checker.sh" script is available from <install-dir>/bin64 on the Windows or Linux system on which you installed VTune Profiler.

On running this script, it will create a log file and display the location of the log file. Kindly share that file with us so we can verify it from our side.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

Mc_Lovin
Novice

Thanks for the answer!
I reset the laptop to factory settings as there were other problems. Now the blue screen is gone, but there is another problem with vtune, here is the link Microarchitecture exploration tab - Intel Community

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you!

Glad to know that your initial issue is resolved. Intel will no longer monitor this thread.

Since you have opened a new thread Microarchitecture exploration tab - Intel Community for the new issue, we will address it there.

Regards

Thasneem Vazim