Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

call graph profiling

cyndykoobs
Beginner
I am trying to do call graph profiling but when I try and run my application, all I get is a dialog with "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on ok to terminate the application.
I have checked on the site for this error message and all I see is to make sure and have the linker option "/fixed:no" which I have.
anyone know the answer to this?
thanks in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
grapedog
Beginner
Cyndy-
Have you submitted this question to Intel Premier Support? They should be able to help you if you send them your question...

grapedog
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
If your OS is WinXP or .NET try to use VTune 7.0 Beta - it has fixes for many call graph profiling problems
0 Kudos
cyndykoobs
Beginner
Grapedog - FYI, I did submit this issue to IPS several weeks ago and am still waiting for them to figure out what is going on.

Cyndy
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Cyndykoobs,

I'm sure we can help you. If you are using VTune 6.1 please call VTune Premier support. VTune 6.1 has a hidden feature that addresses this problem specifically. In order to enable it, you have to work with our support people.

For you interest, VTune 7.0 has this feature already enabled.

0 Kudos