Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

error 1720

andy2222
Beginner
This is what i get with the latest Vtune Version on an xp sp2 systeme?
I can start Vtune even with this error but get errors with "drilldown" im running Vtune on a P4.

Error log:
"Product: VTune Performance Analyzer -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CheckForRegisterFail script error -2146827859, Microsoft JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object Line 13, Column 2,"
0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
If you want engineering to take a look at this, please submit an issue at Intel Premier Support.
Normally, for these kind of errors, I would direct you to the Microsoft* web site to update your Windows Installer. I assume, however, that since you are running Windows* XP* SP2 that you have the latest installer. :-(
0 Kudos
andy2222
Beginner
i could fix this error by installing MS Windows Scripting 5.6 (latest version) but i still get the "drilldown error, by unknown exception" .....
0 Kudos