Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘uid_t’ from type ‘kuid_t’

Pratanu_R_
Beginner

My VTUNE installation was working in UBUNTU 12.10 perfectly. But then I upgraded to UBUNTU 14.04 LTS (kernel version:3.13.0-24-generic). It stopped working.

It says it can't load the drivers. I fixed it once before with the tutorial in the following link:

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/iss/2013/amplifier/lin/ug_docs/GUID-EDC5A63E-D84F-42EE-90D2-8633E871BD34.htm

But this time when i try to build the drivers I get the following errors:

---------------------------

/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/sepdk/src/vtsspp/collector.c: In function ‘vtss_cmd_start’:
include/linux/cred.h:355:10: error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘uid_t’ from type ‘kuid_t’
  *(_uid) = __cred->uid;   \
          ^
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/sepdk/src/vtsspp/collector.c:1696:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘current_uid_gid’
     current_uid_gid((uid_t *)&vtss_session_uid, &vtss_session_gid);
     ^
include/linux/cred.h:356:10: error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘gid_t’ from type ‘kgid_t’
  *(_gid) = __cred->gid;   \
          ^
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/sepdk/src/vtsspp/collector.c:1696:5: note: in expansion of macro ‘current_uid_gid’
     current_uid_gid((uid_t *)&vtss_session_uid, &vtss_session_gid);

-----------------------------

While installing with a older kernel for example : --kernel-version=3.5.0-48-generic, this error goes away. builds fine.

But in that case if I run: ./insmod-sep3, then I get the following error:

------------------

Warning:  no sep3_10 driver was found loaded in the kernel.
Warning:  no vtsspp driver was found loaded in the kernel.
Attempting to stop PAX service ...
Warning:  no pax driver was found loaded in the kernel.
PAX service has been stopped.
ls: cannot access ./sep3_10-x32_64-*3.13.0*.ko: No such file or directory
Missing output file name.

Warning: sep3_10 driver "sep3_10-x32_64-3.13.0-24-genericsmp.ko"
was not found in directory "." !

This means you may need to build sep3_10 driver from the provided
driver sources.  Please see the driver README for instructions.

---------------------------

Can anybody please tell me what is the problem and how should I solve it? I am also using this forum for the first time, therefore, if I have asked

the question in the wrong place suggest me where to ask it.

Thank you

Pratanu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee
Hello Pratanu, UBUNTU 14.04 LTS has just been released and it is not yet in the list of supported systems. Currently we are setting up images to proceed with testing. Stay tuned. Thanks, Dmitry
0 Kudos
Pratanu_R_
Beginner

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue? If there is can you please give me the link where it is explained i.e. how should I proceed in fixing my Vtune for Ubuntu 14.04?

Thank you

Pratanu

0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Could you please try VTune Amplifier 2013 Update 17?

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos
Abhijnan
Beginner

I'm facing the same issue with the latest Intel Vtune version too. Could you give me some directives for that?

0 Kudos