Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

error while loading shared librariess: libippi.so.7.0

apolo74
Beginner
I'm getting this error when running the inspector for my program:

/opt/intel/inspector_xe_2011/bin64$ sudo ./inspxe-cl -collect mi1 -knob stack-depth=8 -suppressions=delete -- /pathToMyFolder/build/myExecutable
Used suppression file(s): []
/pathToMyFolder/build/myExecutable: error while loading shared libraries: libippi.so.7.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And I can't find where to specify the path to IPP libraries or any other library. As you see I'm running inspxe-cl and inspxe-gui as 'sudo', otherwise Intel Inspector XE doesn't even start the analysis. Can you guys please give me a hand here? Thanks in advance,
Boris
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Boris,

There are two things.

1. You canlog-on root user to install the product,and you can use common user to run inspxe-cl, pleae run "source /inspector_xe_2011/inspxe-vars.sh" first.

2. Before running inspxe-cl with application, please ensure application can run smoothly without inspxe-cl, for libippi.so.7.0 - you can do "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:new_path_for_ipp". Usually you cando like this (source compilerpro-12.0/bin/compilervars.sh intel64) to set all environment variables for Intel C++ compiler, including path of IPP's libraries.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos