Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4973 Discussions

generate a report via command line for "platform" informations.

Sven_L_
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm using Intel Amplifier VTune for performance measurements of Java Applications. Is it possible to generate a report via command line like the "Platform" Tab in the UI? I need to know how many threads my programm use and how much time each thread uses for computation (CPU), Idling and synchronization. The "Platform" tab in the ui show most of the information, but i would like to generate a report via command line.

Thanks

Sven

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Platform view is graphic report for CPU usage / frequency on threads time by time, how can it output in text format?

> I need to know how many threads my programm use and how much time each thread uses for computation (CPU), Idling and synchronization.

You might use "amplxe-cl -R hotspots -group-by thread -r result" to know, in command line.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Platform view is graphic report for CPU usage / frequency on threads time by time, how can it output in text format?

> I need to know how many threads my programm use and how much time each thread uses for computation (CPU), Idling and synchronization.

You might use "amplxe-cl -R hotspots -group-by thread -r result" to know, in command line.

0 Kudos
Sven_L_
Beginner

Thank you Peter, works great. :)

0 Kudos