Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

hw-events report returns several "Warning: Cannot load data file"

GrCorrea
Beginner
Hello,
I've been trying to get the hw-events report from a collection performed through VTune Amplifier XE, but it keeps returning the following error:
Using result path `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2'
Executing actions 0 %
Warning: The result contains a lot of raw data. Finalization may take long.
Executing actions 0 % Finalizing results
Executing actions 0 % Finalizing the result
Executing actions 0 % Clearing the database
Executing actions 8 % Clearing the database
Executing actions 8 % Loading raw data to the database
Executing actions 8 % Loading data files
Executing actions 16 % Loading data files
Warning: Cannot load data file `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2\\data.1\\tbs22852.tb6_' ().
Warning: Cannot load data file `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2\\data.1\\tbs22852.tb6__data.tmp0' ().
Warning: Cannot load data file `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2\\data.1\\tbs22852.tb6__legacy_event.tmp0' ().
Warning: Cannot load data file `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2\\data.1\\tbs22852.tb6__legacy_module_record.tmp' ().
Warning: Cannot load data file `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2\\data.1\\tbs22852.tb6__legacy_module_strings.tmp' ().
Warning: Cannot load data file `\\\\193.136.94.74\\share\\lpi\\gcorrea\\HM_work2\\mobcal-cl2\\data.1\\tbs22852.tb6__new_module.tmp' ().
Executing actions 50 % Loading data files
Executing actions 50 % done
Error: Error 0x4000001e (Cannot load raw collector data)
I'm using the following command line:
amplxe-cl -report hw-events -r mobcal-cl2 -format text -group-by function
The collected data are all inmobcal-cl2 directory and I have already checked that I have access to it. I have collect these data through the following command:
amplxe-cl -collect nehalem_general-exploration -result-dir mobcal-cl2 TAppEncoder.exe -c mobcal_lowlow.cfg
My processor isa Xeon 5520.
Do you have any idea of what may be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GrCorrea
Beginner
Other information (if necessary):
I'm usingIntel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update (build 1128765) andWindows Server 2008 HPC.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
The Intel VTune Amplifier XE you're using is not the latest one. At first I would suggest to install latest update 2.
I've tried to run something similar on my PC and it works fine. Do you run this commands on a local machine, or you've collected the results on the 193.136.94.74?
Have you tried to copy results to local directory? What if:
- Collect results on the target machine in local directory and open them there
- Copy the results to a local directory and open from there?

Also, were your results collected successfully? Maybe there were errors during collection?

Regards,
Kirill
0 Kudos
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
The driver collects data to a number of intermediate files and consolidates them to a *.tb6 (no underscores) file at the end of the collection. Only the intermediate files appear to exist - something went wrong before the collector finished creating the final data file. (Sorry, I don't know what might have gone wrong).

You might try collecting less data (use a shorter run, or specify "-target-duration-type long" on the command line)
0 Kudos