Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

intel vtune does not work if codes are on box drive

gy145
Beginner

Hi,

Just installed the OneAPI for using the intel compiler and VS 2019. Then I notice a problem. If my code is on the windows drive it runs well and I can use the Intel VTune profiler to analyze my code.

However if my code is on box drive (local file sync with box.com), the intel compiler and VS2019 still work to build my program, but the Vtune profiler cannot run, it shows "unexpected error" and saying it cannot find the compiled program.

You can easily reproduce this problem by do the following: Use VS2019 to create a default hello world console project. You can run vTune profiler on your windows. But if you copy all the project files under box driver folder, vTune cannot run.

Can someone tell me how to fix the problem? This problem does not exist when I use system studio.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gy145
Beginner

Yes, I can confirm onedrive has no problem, but box drive has problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

We are redirecting your query to the Vtune forum for a quicker response.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We profiled a sample located in Onedrive with Vtune and we were able to profile the sample successfully .Since we don't have box drive we tried that from Onedrive.Can you try vtune in other cloud storage platform and let us know the updates?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
gy145
Beginner

Yes, I can confirm onedrive has no problem, but box drive has problem.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We are escalating this case to SME.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Mariya_P_Intel

Hi everyone,

The issue was reproduced on Intel side and then addressed to VTune development team.

Please expect further notifications and have a happy new-year holiday!

Thanks, Mariya

0 Kudos
Mariya_P_Intel

Hi Guang Yue,

VTune developers are investigating how to implement analysis of files located in box drive.

I will notify you when get some new info from them.

As a workaround, you can store the files in a local folder on in OneDrive.

Thanks, Mariya

0 Kudos
Mariya_P_Intel

Dear @gy145 , the fix to use vtune for files in box drive was implemented, it is planned to be in 2021.3 release (April). As for now, you may use local folder or OneDrive.

Thanks, Mariya

0 Kudos
Mariya_P_Intel

So, there are workarounds to use OneDrive on local folder to store VTune data.

BoxDrive support in VTune is blocked by the boost library issue .

We stop monitoring this thread, please start a new one in case of any further issues.

Thanks, Mariya

0 Kudos