Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

libiomp5md.dll unresolved addresses

constantine-vassilev

I am running VTune on my project, using MS VS C++ 2008 compiler.

Under : Most Active Functions in Your Application I see:
libiomp5md.dll unresolved addresses - 43.38%.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Constantine

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - thstart

I am running VTune on my project, using MS VS C++ 2008 compiler.

Under : Most Active Functions in Your Application I see:
libiomp5md.dll unresolved addresses - 43.38%.

Did you use /openmp or a performance library and link against libiomp5? Did your profiling run complete normally?

If these are correctly attributed to that library, it looks like these are functions internal to the library which aren't exported. Could you try the profiling version of the library, to see if it sheds light on your performance problem?

I don't know whetherlibiompprof is supported in this usage; if it works, it should make a file like guide.gvs which contains information on load imbalances etc. some of which can be displayed by importing the file into VTune. If the OpenMP directives are in your own source, and you have built with /Zi, it could give useful information. If buried down in a performance library, maybe not.

0 Kudos
constantine-vassilev
Quoting - tim18

Did you use /openmp or a performance library and link against libiomp5? Did your profiling run complete normally?

If these are correctly attributed to that library, it looks like these are functions internal to the library which aren't exported. Could you try the profiling version of the library, to see if it sheds light on your performance problem?

I don't know whetherlibiompprof is supported in this usage; if it works, it should make a file like guide.gvs which contains information on load imbalances etc. some of which can be displayed by importing the file into VTune. If the OpenMP directives are in your own source, and you have built with /Zi, it could give useful information. If buried down in a performance library, maybe not.

>Did you use /openmp or a performance library and link against libiomp5?
No I did not.

>Did your profiling run complete normally?
Yes.

>If these are correctly attributed to that library, it looks like these are functions internal to the library which aren't >exported. Could you try the profiling version of the library, to see if it sheds light on your performance problem?

I am using Intel IPP - looked at /bin directory but do not see a profiling versions.

>If the OpenMP directives are in your own source, and you have built with /Zi, it could give useful information. If >buried down in a performance library, maybe not.

I do not have OpenMP directives, just compiled an Intel IPP application.

Thanks in advance,
Constantine

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

As the libiomp appears to be used to support threading inside ipp, which would not have debug symbols, it may not be feasible to profile inside that part of your execution. I'm not much of a fan of call graph, but itmay show you which ipp calls in your code are responsible for the time spent there.

0 Kudos