Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

makeile on nqueen_advisor

newport_j
Beginner

When I typed make in the new nqueens_Advisor directory I got the serial and

annotated executables, but not annything esle. I got errors:

TBBROOT environment varaibles not defined. Required to build TBB sample.

icpc -m64 nqueens_cilk.cpp -0 4 queens_cilk -)2 -g lcilkarts

make: icpc: command not found

make: *** [4_nqeens_cilk] Error 127

Now I do not have Intel Threaded Building Blocks installed and, but I  I do have

Intel Cilk installed, but it is on a different machine.

So how do I recover from this errors?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Newport_j

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello newport_j, Here is some help regarding TBBROOT (from the Release Notes which you can find here: ): Intel Advisor XE samples work with the Intel TBB by using the environment variable TBBROOT. Intel TBB is included with the Intel® Composer XE and is available from http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-tbb/. To build the Intel TBB applications, you will need to define the TBBROOT environment variable. It also appears to me that you do not have the Intel(R) Composer XE installed. I recommend you to download the Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2013 suite or the Intel(R) C++ Studio XE 2013 suite so that you can get all the necessary components in one shot and install them. Be forwarned that the suite installer is quite large in download size and may take a while. Please let me know if I can help further. Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos