Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

manual unpacking and isntallation

hsaf
Beginner
Hello,
I just downloaded the intel vtune analyzer to test it on my system. The problem I am having is that I am using gentoo as my linux distro. Therefore, the package management seems to be incompatible with the rpm system.

If I were able to extract the rpm files from the install_x32 binary, I believe I could make the profiler work on my system. I was wondering if anyone knows how to manually extract the archive from the binary?

If anyone has any insight as to how the archive was made self-extracting and whether the is a method to reverse the process, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can provide

ps: I have read the other thread regarding gentoo install (where they installed on redhat first) but I dont have access to such a system at the moment. I have tried just executing the binary which works initially (Accept all the licences) but at some point it needs to obtain shared lock on rpm database which is where the installation aborts and exits.
0 Kudos
0 Replies