Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5104 Discussions

problem with first use wizard

n_arun89
Beginner
im using linux mint 6
in using first use wizard
Vtune works well for vtunedemo
then i wrote a 8queen soln in C++ also i have written a similar makefile like that of vtunedemo.
but vtune gives me error that summary cannot be created

i have added my complete folder can someone give me a hint to get summary

also while running the code give 8 or 12 as input in the terminal which is the board size.
plz..
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Quoting - n_arun89
im using linux mint 6
in using first use wizard
Vtune works well for vtunedemo
then i wrote a 8queen soln in C++ also i have written a similar makefile like that of vtunedemo.
but vtune gives me error that summary cannot be created

i have added my complete folder can someone give me a hint to get summary

also while running the code give 8 or 12 as input in the terminal which is the board size.
plz..
Hello,

my guess is that you're using a 64-bit Linux, right? On 64-bit Linuxes a 32-bit Analyzer communicates with a 64-bit Collector by using Remote Data Collection mechanism, which currently does not tolerate if the application expects any input. VTuneDemo worked for you, because it was not waiting on I/O. So to work around this problem you can either hard-code the board size into your application, read it from file or (the trickiest part) specify xterm as your "application to launch" with command-line arguments "-e path_to_your_application" and specify your application as a module of interest. I think for the short example hard-coding will be the easiest solution.
0 Kudos