Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

remote sampling on different architecture.

hucqym
Beginner
I am trying to run vtune on X5355 to do remote sampling on X5460. I get an error "Bad event modifier".
I can see that the event names in vtune on these two machines are different. Is that the reason?
Can I configure it somehow (pmmu.xml?) to do remote sampling on a different machine type?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - hucqymgmail.com
I am trying to run vtune on X5355 to do remote sampling on X5460. I get an error "Bad event modifier".
I can see that the event names in vtune on these two machines are different. Is that the reason?
Can I configure it somehow (pmmu.xml?) to do remote sampling on a different machine type?
If your VTune installation is sufficiently up to date, with the appropriate .xml, you should see in the Help menu under Processor Events and Advice, in addition to Core 2 Duo, "45 nm Core 2 Duo" which presumably has the Penryn events. The current version has those events and the Core i7 events. Rather than guessing where to get the right .xml for an old VTune version, I suppose the supported way is simply to upgrade to current version of both analyzer and remote collector.
0 Kudos