Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

sample collector failed to collect data because the selected event(s) doesnot occur

sandy4gr
Beginner
I am running Vtune 3.0 for linux on fedora core 1
I am using the vtlec for EBS data collection
It was running all fine until a while ago
where it started displaying error messages
"sample collector failed to collect data because the selected event(s) doesnot occur"
for 9 of the Events i selected
i have a program which runs for 15 mins

what gone wrong

Moderator, I hope a quick reply

Thanks
Sandeep
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeffrey-gallagher
Sandeep,
Normally that error message does not mean something is broken, it means simply that in fact the events that you're sampling for have not occurred in statistically signifant numbers. That said:
1) Try running the vtl experiment with the default sampling events, clockticks and instructions retired. Do you see an error? If not, try adding some secondary events of interest and note the vtune response.
2) If you are certain you want to use the specific events that you have already put in the vtl command: is calibration turned off? If so, turn it on and compare results. (Note that your application will run at least twice with calibration turned on: this is normal).
cheers
jdg
PS: normally, questions about VTune for LInux go into the VTune for LInux Forum, not this Windows Forum. FYI only. You can see the VTune for Linux forum here:
http://softwareforums.intel.com/ids/board?board.id=14
0 Kudos