Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

setting up the environment for analysis

sid9559
Beginner
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am doing some Hotspot and general exploration analysis for my algorithms. I am facing a problem that my results are not consistent for the same set of inputs also. I am taking an educated guess that the Envionment is not controlled to give me consistent results. Above that i am using windows. I would be great if someone could suggest me how should i setup my environment for the anaylsis to atleast gain some consistent results.

regards,
siddharth
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Using Project Properties->Target->Inherit system environment variables, it indicates that all environments can be inherited from the system. And the user can add new items (Variables/Values) by using "User-defined environment variables:"
However all your settings can be used for any analysis, including Hotspots and General-exploration analysis.
My opinion is to run application in Command Prompt first, check if it works under your expectation. Then run amplxe-gui, all system environments will be inherited in all analysis.
Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
sid9559
Beginner
Thanks a lot sir.
0 Kudos