Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

spinOverheadTimeExpandedData is not applicable to this analysis

Mateja_P_
Beginner

I am trying to do a Python Hotspot analysis with VTune 2016. 

I have followed directions from this topic: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe/topic/569950

I have set AMPLXE_EXPERIMENTAL=python-hotspots, set MRTE mode to 'managed', chose Algorithm Analysis "Python Hotspots"

However, in the "Analysis Type" tab, the Start button is disabled, and I get the following message:

"The collector setting "spinOverheadTimeExpandedData" is not applicable to this analysis type. Caution: Do not re-inspect your application using this analysis type or the Show Command Line output associated with this analysis type"

I have copied the "Python Hotspots" configuration into a custom configuration, but I am not sure which options I need to set to satisfy error so I can proceed with the analysis.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Please use VTune Amplifier XE 2017 Gold has been recently released. The new product bits has python hotspot profiling as officially supported feature and the problem described should have been fixed there.

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos