Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

strange assertion problem, please contact the developers

dwalthour
Beginner

when I run the amplxe-cl program, it always gives the following assertion and then quits without running my program. It does this with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

Assertion '(4 ) + (2 +2 +4 +4 + cpu_no*(2 +leaf_no*(2*4 +4*4 ))) == pos' failed. Please contact the developers.

Assertion '(4 ) + (2 +2 +4 +4 + cpu_no*(2 +leaf_no*(2*4 +4*4 ))) == pos' failed. For more information, please visit the technical support forum at https://software.intel.com/sites/support/

That web address just gives me a 404 page.

This is running under RedHat x86_64.

Any help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rob5
New Contributor II

dwalthour,

Can you let us know the version and update number of Intel VTune Amplifier XE you may be running? Are you running with 2011 update 2? Does the application being analyzed run as expected when ran outside of Intel VTune Amplifier XE? Can you attach a screenshot showing the error and may also show context.

Does the behavior occur when performing an analysis on a simple application or an application like the Tachyon sample application provided with Intel VTune Amplifier XE.

Can you let us know the RedHat version / distribution being ran?

This information will help narrow the scope of the behavior.

Thanks
Rob

0 Kudos
dwalthour
Beginner

problem solved. We were running with a cset/cshield turned on.

0 Kudos
boy999
Beginner
Hi dwalthour,
I have the same problem as you reported. However, I didn't use cset/cshield.
Do you know what the problems lead to the error messages?
Thanks
0 Kudos