I aim to tune qemu process using vtune(GUI). But an error comes up:
[Instrumentation Engine]: Pin loader can't open file /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64: Permission denied.
My experiment environment:
1. Product Info: Intel VTune Amplifier 2017 for Systems
version: Update 3 (build 513110) copyright (c) 2009-2017 Intel Corporation.
License type: Commercial
Expiration date: Permanent
Installation directory: /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_2017_for_systems.3.0.513110
2. Host OS: Vtune(GUI) and Qemu run in it.
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS with kernel 4.10.0-38-generic ... X86_64
4. Guest OS: Ubuntu 16.04
5. Hardware Platform: ASUS Z170-a with i5-6600k
6. Analysis Type: Basic Hotspots
7. Analysis Target: Local->Attach to Process by PID
8. I have insmod all SEP drivers even through it's useless for basic hotspots.
9. I use root account to run Vtune amplifier and Qemu.
I also find another error:
After marking "Analyze KVM guest OS", I cannot specify /proc/modules file from GUI. But can specify /proc/kallsyms.
I've been blocked about 1 week for it.
Any reply will be appreciated.