Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

uninitialised variable on line with more than one variable

Miah__Wadud
Beginner

Hi,

Inspector has highlighted a line that has an uninitialised memory access which contains a number of variables, e.g.

a = b + c + d

Thus, I do not know exactly which variable is uninitialised. In the variable panel, it has a long hexadecimal address which I do not know how to convert to a variable name. Does anyone know how I can find out the variable that is uninitialised? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Miah__Wadud
Beginner

By the way, I am using Intel Fortran compiler 19.0.5.281 and Intel Inspector 2019.5.0.602103.

0 Kudos
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Only some of our analysis types support variable name detection.

I would use the Inspector debugger integration.

Right click on the problem and bring down the Debug this issue menu item. Inspector will launch the app and bring you to the location where the error occurs.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Miah__Wadud
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the info. That is useful to know, but I find GDB running under Inspector incredibly slow. So I have recorded all the errors and will put a breakpoint where the errors were found by Inspector and run it in a separate GDB session. By the way, is there a way to copy the errors found in the Summary tab in CSV format? It would be useful if the Summary tab also contained the line number too.

Cheers,

Wadud.

0 Kudos