Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

uninstall of thread checker isn't working - preventing upgrade

Allison_G_
Beginner
Hi,

I am on windows xp, vs studio 2008. Intel Thread Checker 3.1 shows up in 'Add or Remove Programs' from the control panel, but is not available on my system. I recently uninstalled thread profiler, thread checker and vtune, in order to upgrade to vtune performance analyzer 9.0. When I installed vtune, it gave me the option to install thread profiler, which I did, but it did not offer thread checker. So, I tried to manually install it but it said there is already a version of thread checker on my machine and install can't continue. Thread checker does not appear as a project option within vtune, or a choice from my start menu. I probably need to clean-up the registry but I'm not sure which entries.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Allison
0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi Allison:

Are you able to re-install Thread Checker? If so, try installing and uninstalling.

Note: there are two different downloads available for the Thread Checker, one includes the VTune Performance Environment and one expects the VTune analyzer to already be installed. If you downloaded the package that included the VTune analyzer, it probably complained during the install that it was already there. The "Full Product" includes the VTune analyzer, while the "Product Update" does not. If you download and install the VTune analyzer with Thread Profiler, you just need to download and install the "Product Update", tcheck3.1_009novpe_win.exe.

0 Kudos
Allison_G_
Beginner

Hello,
Thank you for your response. I am not able to re-install Thread Checker. I tried the "Product Update", and it didn't complain but it also didn't install Thread Checker. Whenever I reboot, an Intel install script from VTune launches automatically and asks to install Thread Checker, which I try to do, but it fails, saying another version is already installed. Is there a registry entry I need to clear?

Thanks for your help, Allison
Hi Allison:

Are you able to re-install Thread Checker? If so, try installing and uninstalling.

Note: there are two different downloads available for the Thread Checker, one includes the VTune Performance Environment and one expects the VTune analyzer to already be installed. If you downloaded the package that included the VTune analyzer, it probably complained during the install that it was already there. The "Full Product" includes the VTune analyzer, while the "Product Update" does not. If you download and install the VTune analyzer with Thread Profiler, you just need to download and install the "Product Update", tcheck3.1_009novpe_win.exe.

0 Kudos