Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Steins
Beginner
59 Views

vtune

Hi Ravi,

After applying this steps I reached the hotspots, we find hotspot on a function called ShowListView , On pressing the function to reach the code we find the clockticks = 1 and The Tuning Assistant doesnt support us with solution,

We want to know how the clockticks = 1 and the system refers that there is a hotspot !!

Also if there is a hotspot how we can resolve while Tuning Assistant doesnt support Us

What is the situation in case of dont find hotspots ?

Please find the following image for more declaration:

Thanks

Sam
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Black Belt
59 Views

One more time: VTune is statistical in nature. The only meaningful conclusion for a function where you got just 1 sample is that you didn't sample it often enough for meaningful results (or that function doesn't use enough time to get meaningful results).
David_A_Intel1
Employee
59 Views

Quoting - Sam Steins

Hi Ravi,

After applying this steps I reached the hotspots, we find hotspot on a function called ShowListView , On pressing the function to reach the code we find the clockticks = 1 and The Tuning Assistant doesnt support us with solution,

We want to know how the clockticks = 1 and the system refers that there is a hotspot !!

Also if there is a hotspot how we can resolve while Tuning Assistant doesnt support Us

What is the situation in case of dont find hotspots ?

Please find the following image for more declaration:

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam:

It's not that the VTune analyzer is identifying this function as a Hotspot, it is just that you are drilling down from the Hotspot view. You can see in Clip3 (the Modules view) that usp10.dll had 12.17% of all the samples in it, while your JIT module only had 3 samples. Clearly, your JIT module is not of interest in these results. If the workload is representative of what the application will do, then the conclusion you can draw from the data is that your code is not contributing significantly to the total execution time. Instead, modules that your code is utilizing are actually consuming most of the time.

Your next step should be to run call graph on the app and try to determine what part of your code is using the modules/functions that are consuming most of the time. And, then, look for more efficient ways of accomplishing the same functionality.

Reply