Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

wait for appication

Douglas_R_Intel
Employee

The application I want to use Inspector on cannot be started directly; it has to be launched by another application.

Is there a way for Inspector to wait for the application to start and then start instrument.  If inspector has to launch the application directly then I won't be able to us it.

Thanks,

Doug Robinson

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Doug,

"The application I want to use Inspector on cannot be started directly; it has to be launched by another application."

Let's call the application you want to use Inspector on Application X. Let's call the application that launches Application X by the name Application Y.

If it is possible for you to launch Application Y, then Inspector can monitor Application X as its child application. You do this by setting Inspector to run on Application Y, and set Application X as the child application.

There is no way to attach Inspector to an existing process, or to have Inspector start itself when a specific application launches.

I hope this helps.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

As I have received no response, I will assume this issue has been resolved and close the thread.

If you have a similar issue please create a new thread so we can get to you in a timely fashion.

0 Kudos