Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

windows 7 installation problem

Yash_Vohra
Beginner
Hii,

As according to installation guide for VTune Performance analyzer,I am able to follow uptil point no. 4. i.e. uptil entering the serial no.. But as I press nextbutton, the installaton does not begin, and no program starts.
In taskmanager it shows process VTuneanalyzer process running.

Please provide the solution to this problem and help me install the software.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If the installation stalls on account of failing to establish an internet connection to check your serial number, try the alternate method of copying the license file into program files (x86)\common files\intel\licenses\

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Is it possible for UAC issue? I have no problem to install the tool on my side.

Use TaskMgr to end process of the installer, then right-click on setup.exe from extracted directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Download\vtune91_008_win) to select "Run as administrator". Installation will run smoothly...

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If the installation stalls on account of failing to establish an internet connection to check your serial number, try the alternate method of copying the license file into program files (x86)\common files\intel\licenses\
0 Kudos
Yash_Vohra
Beginner
Hi,

I think it has to dosomething withlicense issue only. I tried installing the software from unzipped folder, it gave the same result. I then tried running the setup file in folder setup32.exe, but it gave error "A validlicense for Intel VTune perfromance analyzer could not be found. Select a different licese folder and click next.".

I changed the address to the license folder given in unzipped installation folder,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Download\vtune91_008_win\instman". But still it's not working. I also tried copying the license folder on the path you mentioned, again to no good result.

The network which we use has aproxy server, which requires my password authentication for bypassing that server every time we connect to the Internet. What can be the possible soltion in this situation, since the installation applcation do not ask anywhere for my network password.
0 Kudos
Yash_Vohra
Beginner
What is UAC??

I tried running the setup from unzipped folder also, but it also halted with the same problem.
Is it because of license not being verified?
0 Kudos
Yash_Vohra
Beginner
Thanks Timand Peter,

for helping me out with this problem.The problem was of installation not able to getlicense file over network.
Ididn't notice earlier that License file was also sent with the mail.

I am now successfully able to install both Vtune analyzer and thread profile.

Once again thanks for the valuable insight in the matter.

Regards,
Yash Vohra
0 Kudos