Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

I can't compile example to test in node

DeusMMJr
Novice

Hi, I'm trying to compile an example in node 189 but the tool reported te following error!

u28549@s001-n189:~/examples_aoc/hello_world$ aoc -board=pac_s10_dc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_word.aocx -report -v

aoc: Environment checks are completed successfully.

aoc: Cached files in /var/tmp/aocl/ may be used to reduce compilation time

You are now compiling the full flow!!

aoc: Selected target board pac_s10_dc

aoc: Running OpenCL parser....

aoc: OpenCL parser completed successfully.

aoc: Linking Object files....

aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code...

aoc: Linking with IP library ...

Checking if memory usage is larger than 100%

aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully.

Compiling for FPGA. This process may take a long time, please be patient.

Error (18640): The Quartus Partition Database File '/home/u28549/examples_aoc/hello_world/bin/hello_word/build/dcp.qdb' was generated using version 'Version 18.1.2 Build 277 02/12/2019 SJ Pro Edition', which cannot be read by the current version of the Quartus Prime software. Regenerate '/home/u28549/examples_aoc/hello_world/bin/hello_word/build/dcp.qdb' using the current version of the Quartus Prime Software.

Error (19296): Cannot load none snapshot - ensure the design has been compiled through all earlier stages.

Error (19829): dcp.qdb cannot be assigned. The dcp.qdb file is missing Partial Reconfiguration or Reserved Core subpartitions and assigned to the root partition. In order to assign a QDB file to the root partition, it must be created from a design using Partial Reconfiguration or Reserved Core subpartitions. To correct this error, ensure that the creation and assignment of the QDB is correct.

Error: Flow failed:

Error (23035): Tcl error: ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last.

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script s10_partial_reconfig/flow.tcl unsuccessful

Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 6 errors, 198 warnings

Error (16546): Cannot load final database - ensure all earlier stages of the compiler have completed.

Error (17941): The design could not be loaded due to errors.

Error (23035): Tcl error:

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script scripts/adjust_plls_mcp.tcl unsuccessful

Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 4 errors, 0 warnings

Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

May I know which aocl version do you use?

Furthermore,which quartus version?

thanks

0 Kudos
DeusMMJr
Novice

Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), 64-Bit Offline Compiler

Version 18.1.0 Build 222 Pro Edition

Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation

Quartus

Version=18.1.0.222

Edition=pro

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Your BSP is for Quartus v18.1.2, but you are using Quartus v18.1.0 to compile. Update your Quartus to v18.1.2. Or better yet install Quartus v19.2 and use the new devstack v2.0.1:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/intel-fpga-pac-d5005/getting-started.html

0 Kudos
DeusMMJr
Novice

Hi! Thanks by your reponse. The node administer already solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

My apologize for the late reply from our internal teams, I am still investigating the root cause behind this issue, once I get a reply, I will let you know. The delay due to holidays season.

Thank you

0 Kudos
DeusMMJr
Novice

Hi FJumaah, the administer solved this issue updating environment. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos