Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Register without clk signal.

HaiDs
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to create a register as shown in the picture so that there will be only memory storage.

I want it to have only a enable line that will only be enabled when I press the key.

The problem is that when I put it in the sensitivity lines of the process the compiler gives me a warning claiming that the key is not a clock line.this is actually what happend.this is actually what happend.this is the goalthis is the goal 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Hai,

May I know if there is any update on this?

HaiDs
Beginner

So basically I don't know how to create a Flip Flop. D latch. I thought of using the WHEN statement. but I don't see the FF in RTL viewer,

SyafieqS

Hi Hai,

You can refer to template to create Flip flop and register in insert template->verilog hdl->altera primitive-> fliflop/register. This a synthesizable code for Quartus which would help you to easier create FF with template.